Sails & Repairs:
For the past 30 years, Texwise has been selling and servicing the best sails in the world – North Sails.
- On the sales side, Alex brings with him a lifetime of experience, whether you are into cruising or racing, he will point you in the right direction.
- North Sails has become the world leader, making sails faster, lighter and longer lasting. While North Sails are renowned for their success on the race course, they are equally committed to producing the world's lightest, fastest and most durable cruising sails.
- The 450m2 loft floor at Texwise allows us to repair and alter sails for yachts up to 65 foot, whether it is a simple repair, converting your genoa to rollerfurler, or recutting an old sail. Our specially trained staff have the know-how and experience to attend to even the most complex alterations and repairs to your sails.
- Most standing rigging is made to order at the Texwise premises in Strijdom Park and meets the most stringent safety standards. Installation is done by our highly experienced staff, resulting in a professionally-tuned rig.
Texwise covers are made from the finest outdoor fabrics, and we use only the best sewing thread available on the world market today. As leaders in this field, our innovative ideas have been copied by much of our opposition. The variety of fabrics that we use allows us to manufacture any cover to your specifications. Whether your demand is for UV resistance, a waterproof cover, lightness, or a towing cover - we can do it for you. Most of our covers are custom-fitted in our loft, but we also can make custom patterns on site.
Our equipment includes:
- Full or part boat covers
- Deck covers
- Winch covers
- Pedestal covers
- Easi Stows
- Boom covers
- Hatch covers
- Spray dodgers
Our tarpaulins are made from PVC-coated fabrics, making them strong, abrasion resistant and waterproof. The solid brass eyelets used in the seams along the edge allow you to tie them to almost anything.
For high load applications, we fit extra reinforcing at each eyelet, allowing you to secure them with extra tension. Custom-made covers are manufactured to your specifications in a variety of fabrics, including PVC, polyethylene and military spec canvas, for a variety of different applications:
- Pool covers and enclosures
- Outdoor furniture
Large Tensile Structures:
TexArc is Southern Africa's most technologically advanced design and manufacturing facility for the conversion of high tech textiles into finished products.
It offers the design, fabrication, supply, and installation of Architectural Tensile Fabric structures, cable structures, solar screens and building cladding.
TexArc grew naturally out of Texwise. From a startup in 2004, Texarc has grown exponentially to being one of the leaders in its field today.
For more information, please visit our website: www.texarc.co.za
Track-guided Blind System:
Operating blinds can be a cumbersome and time consuming task, Ziptrak® track guided blind system takes out all the hard work, leaving you with perfect shade, wind and UV protection and an elegant blind that will enhance the look and feel of your structure; home or business.
The Ziptrak® track guided blind system has specially designed slotted tracks in which the blind glides smoothly and easily, stopping at any position. The blind can be secured and locked in any position to guard against winds and UV – no ropes, zips, cranks or velcro required, it’s that simple.
For more information, please visit our website: www.ziptrak.co.za